Rewa
Rewa lies between 24'18 and 25'12 north latitudes and 81'2 and 82'18 east longitudes in the north-east of the division of the same name . The district is bounded on the north and east by the state of Uttar Pradesh, in the south Sidhi district and in the west with Amarpatan and Raghurajnagar tahsils of Satna district. In shape the district can be compared to an isosceles triangle, with its base along the Satna border and the two longer arms converging towards Mauganj in east. The district can be divided into the four natural parts-kymore pahar, Binjh Pahar, Rewa Plateau and Lower-Northern Plain .The Huzur, Sirmour and Mauganj tahsils lie between the Kymore on the south and the Vindhyachal or Binjh pahar on the north and from what is known as Rewa plateau or uprihar. To the north of the Vindhyachal in the uprihar lies Teonther tahsils whish is quite different with regard to its physical and other features from the plateau tahsils. Rewa is basically a plateau and from the south to the north its height decreases. In the south the height of Kymore range is more than 450 meters, whereas the height of Alluvral plain of Teonthor is just 100 meters. In the district, dissected hills, ravines, plain plateau, scarp, water-fall and alluvral plain can be seen. The rain-water of the district is flown out by the tw0o assisting rivers of the Ganga, Tons or Tamas and Son. Most of the rivers in the district intitrate from the Kymore ridges which from the watershed for the area .

Altitude:
Temperature (C) :
Best Season:

Major Industries:

Museums:

Educational Institutions :

Excursions:

Places of interest:
Deorkothar
Govindgarh

Hotels:

Historical Facts:
The district derives its name from Rewa town, the district headquarters, which is another name for Narmada river. The district with present boundary came into existence in 1950 after the promulgation of the Provinces and states (Transfer of ENCLAVES) order 1950. Prior to August 1947 the district along with the Raghurajnagar tehsil of the erstwhile Rewa state corresponded to the north Rewa district of that state . The territones now included in the district were held by the imperial Maurya dynasty which ruled in the 3rd century B.C. In the advent of the Kalchurls from the 9th to the end of 12th century. The Baghela king driven eastwards by Ulugh Khan , brother of the emperor Alauddin in the 13th century appeared in this Baghela kings till the abdication of the Crown by the last successor of the dynasty, Martand Singh.after the country became independent, the Rewa ruler accede to the Union of India. The present Rewa district came into existence in 1950 .

Demographic details:
As per Census 1991, the total population of the district is 15,54,987. The Scheduled Caste population is 2,29,915 and Scheduled Tribes population is 1,93,105.

Other Details: