Shajapur
Shajapur District is a part of the Central Madhya Pradesh Plateau- Ratlam plateau Micro region according to the present scheme of regional delineation. The district is situated in the northwestern part of the state and lies between latitudes 32"06' and 24" 19' North and longitude 75" 41' and 77" 02' East. The district is bounded by Ujjain in the west, Dewas and Sehore in the South, Rajgarh in the East and Jhalawar district of Rajasthan in the north. Shajapur district in Ujjain division was brought during 1981 census. The district is identified from the Headquarter town Shajapur named after honor of Shahjahan the Moughal Emperor who halted here in 1640. It is said that the original name was Shahjahanpur, which subsequently reduces to Shajapur. Since the formation of the Gwalior State, it has remained a district. The entire district is a part of Deccan Trap of Cretaceous Eocene age. The alluvium of ecent period is, however, found along the river Parbati in a narrow strip. The district has deep black and shallow black brown and alluvial soils of the northern region. Physio-cultural diversities in the district have led to sub-divide it into the following sub-micro regions:- 
1.Agar plateau
2.Shajapur Forested Upland
3.Kali Sindh Basin
4.Shajapur Upland

Altitude:
Temperature (C) :
Best Season:

Major Industries:

Museums:

Educational Institutions:
Nehru Govt. Post Graduate College, Agar (Malwa).
BKSN PG College,Shajapur.
Girls College,Shajapur.
R G College,Kalapipal.
Degree College,Susner.
Degree College,Maksi.

Excursions:
PILGRIM CENTERS
BAIJNATH MANDIR
BHAINSAVA MATA MANDIR
KAREDIMATA MANDIR
MATA BAGULAMUKHI MANDIR
RAJRAJESHWARI MATA MANDIR
PARSHVNATH BHAGWAN MANDIR
KALBHAIRAV MANDIR

Places of interest:
Agar
Baijnath Mahadeo Mandir
Jama Maszid
Church
Moti Sarovar
Kavada bhairav mandir
Badod
Maksi
Nalkhera
Shajapur
Prachya VidyaPeeth

Hotels:

Historical Facts:
Shajapur was recognised at the time of Shahjahan. . Observing the natural beuty of this area , Fauj of Shahjahan decided to take a halt here . This place was known as " Khankarakhedi " . Shahjahan and his fauj liked this place very much and consequently when Shahjahan became SAMRAT he considered the importance of this place for his Southern campaign .In 1640 Meer Bigo was appointed here as Koutwal . He with Shri jagannath Rawal prepared four DWARs in four directions . In centre a marketing centre was developed . Consequently this area was populated gradually and converted in colony . Surrounding this place a wall was also prepared. Then in respect of king Shahjahan it was named as " Shahjahanpur" . In Shahajahanpur twelve areas were located named Magriya,Mahupura,Dansi,Muradpura,Vajeerpura, Kamreedpura,Lalpura, Dayra, Mugalpura, Golyakhedi, Juganbadi meerkala . Muradpura was named after Shahjahan's son and Muradpura and Meerkala were named after Meer Bigo himself . It is said that Chadralekha river ( which is now Chiller) was flowing in North direction before but after establishment of huge fort and for its safety it was brought from East as a PARIKHA of the fort . So at the time of Shahjahan (1628-1658) Jama Maszid, so many temples etc. were developed . He was very satisfied with developments and he honored Shri Jagannath Rawal by giving Jageer of Moja magariya. But at the time of Aurangjeb (1656-1707) , this area was totally ignored . After downfall of moughal dynasty , Shahjahanpur was brought in the Scindia state in 1732 and so many administrative changes were performed . The name "Shahjahanpur" was now " Shajapur" in this period only . A beautiful palace in the fort was also developed by Tarabai . In 1904 it was declared as a district .

Demographic details:
According to 2001 census,
Total Population : 1,290,685
SC Population : 283639
ST Population : 35302

Other Details: